Tuesday, October 8, 2013

When the "New" isn't what you expected....

Have you ever traveled to a new place? Scored while playing a new sport? Walked a new hiking trail? Put on a new pair of beautiful shoes? What happened when you took that step....something CHANGED.

Your perspective before the "new" became different after the experience....

So what happens when the "new" isn't welcome? What happens when the "new" isn't what you thought it would be? I will use my life to represent...what happens when the 6th baby isn't happy...at all...ALL the time? What happens when the oldest of 6 gets hurt...BAD...and goes through major surgery?

It's still new....it still shifts my perspective...it's the CHANGE part that grounds down my soul at times. It's precisely then, when I cannot see the good in the new. When my perspective only sees the negative in the experience....

then, finally...I sit back and look through the RIGHT lens....here's what God says.....

Isaiah 43:19 "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

I have to admit...I don't see it.
The best part is this......HE doesn't WAIT for me to see it...HE JUST DOES what He does so well.

He "makes a path through the wilderness...(of my heart, of my marriage, of my parenting, of my LIFE...)"

He creates RIVERS in the dry wasteland...(of my mind, of my soul, of my existence...)"

So when the change begins, when the new isn't what I thought it would be, or what I thought it SHOULD be...I will let Him have his way....I will let Him do a NEW thing...He gave me His Word......"He has already begun"....

1 comment:

  1. I have many times in my life where I found this to be true! Sometimes I do not welcome the new at all because I have seen how it has changed my life on a dime. An example would be ..we have taken care of my chronically ill mother for 19 years. She lives with us. My mom and dad were divorced. Last summer my dad got very sick. He ended up having to move in with us so I could take him to doctor appts.,chemo, blood transfusions, etc. He lived with us until this past April when he passed away her at home on hospice. In the middle of all of that my mom had a stoke, a bad COPD attack that put her in the hospital and now most recently another stent in her heart on top of the open heart she had 12 years ago and several stents since then. If the Lord had said to me ..I am about to do a new thing in your life and I could see all of what was ahead I think I would have said , "No thanks Lord I will pass!" But only HE know that my dad needed his family around him to love on him, care for him and that HE had a plan to let us know my dad had truly committed his life to HIM in his last days. If he had died at home alone. I would always wonder and now I cherish all of the one on one time we had even though I did so much daily running around with him. Did I mention I homeschooled too through all of this. Some time when I have felt like the Lord has said hold on the ride is going to get bumpy I have stressed out and wanted off this roller coaster ride. Now in hind sight I see He has be right where He wants me and I am trying to embrace the NEW thing he is doing not run away from it. This scripture is going right by my bed. I am learning to trust HIM more and more. Thanks for sharing your heart Vincy!

    ReplyDelete