Monday, September 3, 2012

Get it Straight....

Have you ever noticed how crooked things look? Just walking past a shelf at my local grocery store is enough to drive me mad..I will admit, it's that type A personality coming through...and a longing for things to be "right".

I want my life to echo what my heart speaks...but many times what comes out is a poor reflection of how I feel...how I REALLY feel.
-when I yell at the kiddos...that's a far cry from my heart that wants to nurture them...
-when I get impatient with the car in front of me...that's a far cry from my heart that appreciates someone who takes their time...
-when I growl at my husband to do what I've asked...that's a far cry from my heart that wants him to feel appreciated....

I want to get it right...get it straight...but I seem to be taking crooked paths. I think I have it, and I gleefully have an AHA!! moment, only to find myself in the wilderness again. I get dizzy with fatigue...and I act like a vagrant with no sense of direction.

I don't want to be here for 40 years.
You've heard it before...the shortest path between two points is a straight line??
I want to get it straight.

God gave me some advice...I plan to take Him at His Word...if I can heed, then allow my heart to follow...this bent and twisted life will come out to meet HIM where He wants me to be....
.
'Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold I will do something new, now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.'" Isaiah 43:18-19 (NAS)



1 comment:

  1. Amen, and I'm sure if we are all honest with ourselves we are there with you. To me it all comes back to keeping my main focus on God and His kingdom. I'm in the practice now of when these life moments pop up (which is daily occurance in some form or another), I pause and Say out loud, the devil cannot steal my joy and I will not be moved:)and give God the praise and glory he deserves... as I know that really sticks it to the devil... All the cares of this world are only meant to distract us from the true focus, our father. Matt 6:33

    ReplyDelete