Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fear is my Bull

I watched a rodeo recently. Cowboys dripped with enthusiasm, strength, and vigor.

the bull was covered in crazy.....

Intensely I watched them hold on for dear life...knowing falling was uncertain pain, and likely injury.
So they rode crazy...to prevent pain. They rode crazy, because it's what they do, it's what they know.

My bull has a name: Fear......I tire of his spins and grow sick from his wicked gyrations.....

My bones ache weary from trying to stay on, trying to fight to make life work...trying to avoid injury by embracing anxiety and dread.

Fear is the enemy. It's one of many that I face on a daily basis. It tears at my confidence in the God of the universe...it defies and mutilates my peace.

This rodeo comes with a choice.

I believe courage comes from leaving that beast of burden alone.

Right now bravery smells like untainted air...and I want to take a DEEP breath.

Some say I'm weak, I tip my hat to them and step out of the ring.

2Corinthians 12:10...."For when I am weak, then I am strong."

3 comments:

  1. I so relate to this! I heard a statement this morning that really brought it into perspective for me... you can't trust God and worry (or fear or have anxiety) at the same time. If you truly trust God in whatever the situation the other things fall away and you will have His peace. Thank you Jesus that I can fully put my faith and trust in You and like Vincy... walk out of Satan's rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Vincy!! The last thing you are is weak. God has got you covered. It is amazing how much He loves each and every one of us. Last night while we were worshiping along with Chris T., I was given a glimpse of how the Lord sees you and my view of you has changed. I've always loved you and your smile and energy, but through Gods eyes I love your heart, your determination, your desire to be the best for God that you can be!! He sees that!! He hears your heart cries! You can squash fear with your thumb because God has anointed your thumb! Whatever this fear is about for you, I can say with assurity.. You can step on it and walk on because Gods foot crushes the enemy under your feet <3 I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can I relate to this. My life has been thrown upside down and I am doing everything I can to keep the top of my hair, completely stretched out(and it is on the short side) above water. My mother passed away in July and I assumed the responsibility of my 2 adopted siblings. Oh how I wish my Momma would have lived till they had grown. Missie, your words have been ringing in my ear since I read them. Not just my mind, my ears too.
    Dear Sweet Jesus, please please show me just a hint of the future and what is on my path that is set before me that is narrow. I do not want to meander through anything to hurt my view of you.
    I love you Jesus. Amen.

    ReplyDelete